Our family has been spending a lot of time at our local rec center. Either working out on the treadmill and elliptical (sp?). Doing weights. Lite weights of course. Walking the indoor track. Working our way to running the track. J And doing my all time favorite Zumba. And of course my kids have been doing a lot of basketball and swimming. We are still learning to eat healthy and control our portions. It has been a struggle but keep at it because we know it will benefit ourselves and our family.
My husband and I were talking and thinking that being healthy really does make us feel young again. We are still young LOL. But physically it feels great. Trust I definitely have a long ways to go. But I love that we are seriously taking care of our bodies and helping our children do the same too. It is an awesome feeling.
My husband and I were talking and thinking that being healthy really does make us feel young again. We are still young LOL. But physically it feels great. Trust I definitely have a long ways to go. But I love that we are seriously taking care of our bodies and helping our children do the same too. It is an awesome feeling.
Jr Jazz 2010-2011 ended several weeks ago too. Miah and Myles along with their cousin Webber weren’t able to play with their same team from last year. But it ended up being a good thing. They all were able to grow as team leaders and had the best Jr Jazz season by far J. It really helped boost their confidence. They helped their team end the season with a 11-1 record. Only losing against their team from last year. Awesome season and fun to watch. Daisy girl played 3rd/4th grade girls this year. Moving up from the wrist band stage. LOL. She learned early on that she had to work harder than everyone on the team being that she was the smallest of them all. It was definitely fun to watch her learn and grow. She did very well and was able to be one of the teams point guards. Her team went undefeated during regular season play. Went on to represent Rose Park in the county Jr Jazz tournament. Beating South Jordan in Championship. Awesome season!
This school year is quickly coming to a close. We have had our fun with Math/Algebra this year. Honesty Its no fun. And I definitely thought I was good at math. I’m glad that they are able to keep up with all other subjects. I felt like they had all their projects and reports all in this last quarter. What a headache. Definitely give it up to those parents who have to joggle all that with more than 3 kids. You all are amazing. Spring break is in a week. Kids are very much excited for that and can’t wait
Foi has moved on from Coca Cola after almost 9 years of service there. I guess when you really aren’t happy with your job, your just have to move on. He’s been at home this last month and will FINALLY J be going back to the workforce with good ol’ Delta Airlines. My kids and I are VERY VERY excited for him. LOL. We definitely will be taking advantage of his benefits. So he better make it through training. :) It has been fun learning the airport city codes with him. Hehe! He also joined Sinai’s BL comp. So thats another reason our family has been living at the rec center. We’re proud of his progression. I just pray he keeps it up and not die out once the comp is over. Trust, I know him. This is the first REAL time the family has been working out along with him so we’re hoping to make it last forever.
And well as for me, I'm in all of the above. Hahaha. Doing my best to help my family. I did win Foi's BL comp. But that is because i was one of the 2 ladies out of 8 that came to weigh out. LOL. Small lil accomplishment for me. Like I said before, I still have a long way to go. Also, I was recently released from my calling as 2nd counselor in the young women. Its been a almost 6 years that I have served in the YW program in various calling. I loved it. Learned from it. But so relieved to be gone of it. It feels nice to wake up Sunday mornings and just focus on my family. Our YW has been blessed with great leaders and I know they are in good hands. I am truely blessed to have my faith, my family, my job, my health, my blessings, my life. Can't complain at all...Life is good.
You guys have been busy! Congrats on winning, that is awesome! And Delta... hecka jealous! Happy travels!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are being so good and it's even better you guys are doing it as a family. I think it helps to keep each other going!
ReplyDeleteI heard team Rose Park did really good in the tournament. We lost the game semi-final game and missed the chance playing you guys. It was a fun season and I followed you guys on the tournament bracket and you guys killed everyone!! Great job, Daisy girl!
Finally I know how to get on your blog! LOL.. apparently I thought I was following but come to find out... modette! lol... you have been busy girl! Congratz on the win and congrats on ur calling release... kind of bitter sweet! I read 6 years and all I could think was... what the???? I don't know if I could do 6 years... I haven't even reached a year and I feel so drained already. lol.. what a whinner huh?! loveya!
ReplyDelete